Regional Human Resources Manager (2577)
Pillsbury is seeking a Regional Human Resources Manager to oversee the HR responsibilities in the Texas offices, Austin and Houston. This position will reside in Austin. In this role, the Regional HR Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day human resources operations for our Texas offices, including:
- Recruiting and staffing logistics: collaborating with office managing partners, managing staff assignments, coordinating with Firmwide human resources, screening candidates, preparing and facilitating interview schedules (in office and across firm);
- Employee orientation, development and training: integration of new employees, new hire orientation, benefits overview;
- Performance management: managing annual evaluations of staff, delivering evaluations and collaborate with staff on action plan to achieve goals, discussing any disciplinary actions or transitions with staff and non-partner attorneys,
- Employee relations: recommending employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivational participate in or conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth; advising managers about the steps in the progressive discipline process and organizing social and special events;
- Legal recruitment: facilitating and leading the summer associate programs and fall recruitment programs in Texas offices, attending on-campus recruiting interview dates for the University of Texas and the University of Houston, and career fairs, working closely with Summer Chairs in each office.
- Participating in monthly firm wide department; and local office meetings; assisting with the development and administration of programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the offices with the strategic goals of the firm;
- Traveling between both offices.
A successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of human resources experience in a professional services environment; Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required. Candidate must understand best practices in the field of human resources; possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, have excellent written and oral communication skills, have the ability to maintain confidentiality in a legal environment, have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask; dedication to accuracy, attention to detail, and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.