Associate (Corporate & Securities - Technology) (2580)
The Silicon Valley office of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP has an immediate opening for a corporate associate with four to six years of experience to join its Corporate & Securities – Technology group. Entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and emerging growth companies rely on Pillsbury’s Silicon Valley Corporate & Securities – Technology team for advice on everything from company formation to financings, corporate governance, technology transactions, acquisitions and public offerings. The team is structured to grow with our clients. For newly established startups and emerging entities, our practice operates as a specialty boutique, assisting them with financing, structuring and their other legal needs while positioning them for future success. As our clients grow, so does our team, providing the right lawyers to meet our clients’ specific needs at every stage of their development. With decades of experience, we have assisted thousands of entrepreneurs, startups and investors across fast-paced, developing industries.
Candidates should satisfy the following requirements:
- Broad experience in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies, including drafting and negotiating acquisition agreements and ancillary documents, supervising junior associates, and otherwise managing and closing transactions.
- Experience working with emerging technology companies, including corporate formation, seed and venture financings, general corporate work, and governance and compliance matters.
- High level of academic achievement from a nationally recognized law school and exceptional oral, written and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ambitious/highly motivated, strong work ethic and leadership skills, interest in taking on increased levels of responsibility, good business and strategic judgment, and ability to handle day-to-day demands and workflow of working in a team-orientated and dynamic environment.
- Admitted to practice in California is strongly preferred but not required.
Ideal candidates will have the following additional qualifications:
- Experience from an AmLaw 100 firm, preferably in Silicon Valley or similar tech environment.
- Public company experience, including IPOs and other public offerings and SEC reporting.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.