Corporate Social Responsibility
At Pillsbury, corporate social responsibility is the conscious alliance of our business interests with the well-being of our people, communities and environment. It is understanding that good corporate citizenship is good business.
In 2007, Pillsbury decided to give greater support to these values, becoming one of the first U.S. firms to launch a formal Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative. With the help of a CSR director, we united our programs—diversity, pro bono and community outreach, and sustainability—under one umbrella to achieve greater synergy and expand our efforts.
At the foundation of our CSR programs are the core beliefs that:
- Diversity enhances our creativity and performance.
- We are honored to give back to our communities through volunteerism and pro bono legal service.
- The planet's resources should be used with care.
We put these beliefs to work every day, through a wide range of legal, social, and environmental initiatives, and we encourage individuals to pursue their own initiatives. If there is a cause you’re passionate about, lead the way and we will follow.
We are proud to have been recognized for our efforts:
- We are the only law firm to make Working Mother magazine’s Top 10 list and have appeared in the “100 Best Companies” every year since 2007.
- The Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index has given us a 100 percent score every year since 2006.
- The Executive Partner for Corporate Social Responsibility received the Robert G. Sproul Jr. Award from the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Our Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, Sacramento and Washington, DC offices are LEED-certified.